Monday 25 February 2013

Challenge #22: Sarah vs The Burning House

I hope escaping a burning house isn't something I have to do before 30 or after it, but ever since I found The Burning House I've thought long and hard about what I would save were such a heartbreaking thing to happen.

The Burning House...

'If your house was burning, what would you take with you? It's a conflict between what's practical, valuable and sentimental. What you would take reflects your interests, background and priorities. Think of it as an interview condensed into one question.'

My Burning House...

So after much consideration, I've come up with the following precious items that I would scramble to save in the event of a fire.


1. Journal
2. Amoeba Music bag, I'm rarely seen without it and it'll come in handly for carrying all this stuff
3. Memory cards
4. Purple belt with silver hearts that my mum made me for my 18th birthday
5. Letters from my teenage years
6. Festival wristbands
7. Ticket stubs
8. Teddy bear I've had since I was little, known as Poorly Bear because he has a plaster on the side of his face
9. Favourite photos
10. 'Sarah Music' compilation tape and CDs from my boy Daniel

Close ups...



The collective shot didn't do my ticket stub collection
justice, so here they are spread out a little bit.

CDs, records, tapes and even my band t-shirts can be replaced, but these little bits of paper are irreplaceable and I would be devastated if I lost them. I feel like they tell my journey through music, where I've been and who I've watched. If I had time I'd share all those stories, but I think that's game for another day.

Verdict: Win

No comments:

Post a Comment