There's something about taking music as one's life work that brings out the bonkers in people. Somehow, being a professional musician morphs people from being of this world into beings from another realm entirely.
Take Mike Patton of Faith No More and Mr Bungle fame and the following:
* Faith No More covered the Eastenders theme tune at Leeds Festival 2009.
* There track 'Caffeine' was written about a sleep deprivation experiment Patton undertook.
* Faith No More once played a festival where bottles of piss were used as missiles aimed at the band themselves. In good humour, Patton threatened to drink the next one that landedon the stage. A man good on his promise, he downed it and proceeded to throw up throughout the remainder of the set.
* He used to shit in hairdryers in hotels.
* Patton provided the voices of the monsters in 2007's 'I Am Legend' starring Will Smith.